Welcome to EPICS-sumo documentation!
A SUpport MOdule manager for EPICS
The support module manager sumo is a program to build consistent sets of
EPICS support modules and use them in
Some of the features are:
- All module dependencies are held in a JSON
- The dependency database can be managed automatically with a version control
system in order to keep it in sync on a number of build hosts.
- In order to migrate your existing support module installation a scanner
program creates a dependency database from existing support directories.
- The program builds consistent sets of
EPICS support modules.
- The program fetches module source code from various sources, directories, tar
files or version control systems (currently git, mercurial, darcs, subversion
- If a set of support modules is to be used in an application a RELEASE is
generated with all the relevant paths.
See Introduction for more information.
Sumo is available as a debian or rpm package, as tar.gz or zip file:
You install sumo either as a debian or rpm package with your package manager or
For details on how to install sumo see Installing Sumo.
Sumo at sourceforge
You find the sourceforge summary page for sumo at
In order to browse the mercurial repository click on
or clone it with this command:
hg clone ssh://firstname.lastname@example.org/p/epics-sumo/mercurial sumo